Advocates Renew Call for Cardinal Dolan to Condemn Pope Benedict XVI’s Sexual Abuse Cover-Up
Advocates for sexual abuse survivors asked Cardinal Timothy Dolan, the archbishop of New York, to address the most recent saga in the Catholic Church’s series of abuse cover-up scandals. Last month, four survivors of clergy sexual abuse accused Pope Benedict XVI...
POPE BENEDICT XVI IS A MORAL FAILURE AND DESERVES TO LOSE HIS TITLE OF POPE AND/OR POPE EMERITUS
Pope Benedict XVI has been accused by at least four victims of clergy sexual abuse of covering up and ignoring their reports of childhood sexual abuse while Archbishop of Munich and Freising, Germany. Pope Benedict claims that he had nothing to do with covering up...
Three more priests from Fall River diocese are now considered ‘credibly accused’ of abuse
The Herald News FALL RIVER — The Diocese of Fall River announced on Monday that it considers three additional priests to be "credibly accused" of sexual abuse. The three priests are Father James Buckley, Father Edward Byington and Father Richard...
U.S. bishops’ meeting draws protesters, activists to Baltimore
BALTIMORE, Maryland — At the end of the first public day of the fall general assembly of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, it’s hard not to feel that one has attended the church’s version of the Iowa caucuses. All the heavy hitters of both parties are...
Settlement reached with 15th sexual abuse victim of Lawrence priest
By Jill Harmacinski LAWRENCE — A settlement for another sexual abuse victim of the late Father John J. Gallagher, who was assigned to St. Mary’s Church in Lawrence in the 1970s, was recently reached, said attorney Mitchell Garabedian. Garabedian, of Boston, who is...
Task force examining diocese’s response to sexual abuse releases final report
Ryan Trowbridge, Audrey Russo The Diocese of Springfield announced Wednesday a strategic plan to respond to sexual abuse in the church. SPRINGFIELD, MA (WGGB/WSHM) -- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield releasing the results of a 20-month task force effort to...
Ex-Cardinal McCarrick, 91, pleads not guilty in Massachusetts sex assault
An activist says former U.S. Cardinal Theodore McCarrick's court appearance in a sex abuse case marks a new phase in the global struggle to hold clerics accountable. By ALANNA DURKIN RICHERAssociated Press Former Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, arrives at Dedham...
Theodore McCarrick “Reign of Sexual Abuse and Terror”
The Theodore McCarrick “Reign of Sexual Abuse and Terror” allegedly began in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in New York and extended to his final assignment in the Archdiocese of Washington, DC Theodore McCarrick was ordained a priest in 1958 and began his climb to the...
Irish Christian Brothers fall short on revealing true extent of sexual abuse by its members
By Robert Herguth The Catholic religious order, which runs two high schools in the Chicago area, agreed to reforms as it faced bankruptcy as a result of sex abuse lawsuits. But its transparency is limited. Brother Ronald Lasik was accused in 2013 of molesting...
Diocese’s Hidden List of Credibly Accused Priests
WHY IS THE DIOCESE OF ROCKVILLE CENTRE’S LIST OF CREDIBLY ACCUSED PRIESTS AND DEACONS BEING HIDDEN? It is crucial that the Catholic Church and its Archdioceses and Dioceses be fully transparent about allegations of clergy sexual abuse in order to help keep children,...